Release notes for MonoDevelop 1.0 Beta 2
MonoDevelop 1.0 Beta 2 (0.17) has been released. MonoDevelop is a GNOME IDE primarily designed for C# and other .NET languages.
This release contains lots of bug fixes, some new features and improvements. Read below.
Compiling the following order will yield the most favorable response.
- Gtk# 2.8.0
- Gtksourceview#-2.0 0.10
- Monodoc 1.0
- Gecko#-2.0 0.10
- MonoDevelop 0.17 Source
It is highly recommended to use Gtk# 2.8.4, since it includes important memory use and performance improvements.
You can download MonoDevelop 1.0 Beta 2 source from here. The Mono download site contains packages for everything for many popular distros.
This release of MonoDevelop needs at least Mono 1.1.10 to run.
New Features and Improvements
This release is mainly focused on bug fixing, but there are also some new features and improvements.
Deployment of ASP.NET projects
ASP.NET projects can now be deployed to local directories using the new Web Deploy command. If the FUSE “sshfs” filesystem is available, it can be used to deploy projects to remote servers. (Michael Hutchinson).
Support for VS 2005 Web Application projects
MonoDevelop can now open Web Application projects created with Visual Studio 2005. Projects can be built and tested with XSP. (Ankit Jain).
ASP.NET Codebehind Generation Improvements
The existing support for auto-generating and verifying CodeBehind members for ASP.NET files is much improved. It handles more kinds of controls, features type/member compatibility resolution and has better error reporting. (Michael Hutchinson).
Generation of Satellite Assemblies
Added support for generating Satellite Assemblies for localized resources. (Ankit Jain).
Makefile generation improvements
Custom build commands defined in a project will now be included in the Makefiles generated using the Generate Makefiles command. Also, special targets in the generated makefiles have pre/post hooks now. (Ankit Jain).
Other IDE improvements
- Configurable toolbar size. The size of the main MonoDevelop toolbar is now configurable, and can be set to a small size better suited for small resolutions (Mike Krüeger).
- The new Show Scrollbars property in the designer makes it easy to wrap a widget with a ScrolledWindow (Lluis Sanchez).
- New project and file icons. The style of all file and project icons has been unified (Lluis Sanchez).
- Improved Project Features dialog. The dialog shown when creating a project has been improved, and now provides more information about features you can set on a new project (Lluis Sanchez).
Here is a list of bugs fixed in this release:
- 319646 Monodevelop doesn’t start raise Exception
- 322426 project creating weird file paths
- 323471 WelcomePage + drag&drop = GUI freeze
- 323907 Menu Editor could be more keyboard friendly
- 323984 Navigation History improvement ideas
- 324224 Crash in monodevelop in a boo project
- 324356 ASP.NET Adding WebControls in aspx ou ascx file
- 324439 TreeView and TextView should be added to a ScrolledWindow by default
- 324548 md crash sometimes when using stetic
- 324572 Subversion Addin won’t remember my password
- 324640 Source Control operations not fault tolerant
- 324758 Configurable size of toolbar icons
- 324844 Type aliasing broken for generics
- 324876 Manual activation of auto complete bug
- 324933 Not dealing well with constructor completion if class must be called with the full namespace.
- 324943 PageUp/PageDown not working in Open File in Project dialog
- 324985 operator ‘::’ behaves like goto label in smart indentation
- 325081 Code completion not working correctly with inner classes
- 325088 Refactoring: wrong rename class derivied from Gtk.Dialog
- 325223 Interface refactory doesn’t implement correctly (4 bugs)
- 325355 MD does not build IronPython solution
- 325364 IntelliSense ignores partial classes
- 325440 Delete key does not work when Editing menu bar enteries
- 325457 Implementing Interface doesn’t allow explicit + implicit
- 325459 Can’t implement two interfaces explicitly
- 325461 Go to base
- 325467 Project not ““dirty”” when directory added
- 325492 application output buggy
- 325509 Inaccessible methods displayed in autocomplete
- 325519 Unable to open web.config files from solution explorer
- 325522 Go to declaration ignores base keyword
- 325523 MD override auto-implementation ignores existing implementations
- 325525 MD does not recognize context sensitive `partial’ keyword
- 325528 Intellisense contains multiple entries of same namespace
- 325530 Find in Files shows same entry twice
- 325531 Explicit interface implementation can generate invalid namespaces
- 325537 Task Pad not clearing
- 325538 Doesn’t save SVN password
- 326313 MD does not remember my Find in Files settings
- 327062 MD Search (Whole Words Only) is very slow
- 327467 Broken Swedish translation
- 327469 NullReferenceException on exit
- 327837 MD-head displays incorrect procedure signature in drop-down box
- 328035 SVN crash when cancelling a password prompt
- 328102 HIG fixes and dialog spacing
- 328776 Indent/Unindent incorrect number of spaces
- 328804 Intellisense should have options to enable/disable full qualified class name
- 328817 New created file use Tab with Convert Tab to spaces enabled
- 329150 Stetic is unstable on GTK+ 2.12
- 329672 Localized Forms
- 329673 Argument cause invalid Il code
- 329815 GUI code generation failed
- 329993 Usability, Create Project
- 330025 Unhandled Exception when open a boo file
- 330104 Can’t create new IDE Layout
- 330113 Clicking a line bookmark crashes md
- 330172 MD 0.16/Gtk#2.10 Crash
- 330265 Tab to spaces not used if indent type is none or automatic
- 330315 MonoDevelop does not copy dependent assembly to ‘bin’ folder of ASP.NET project
- 330327 XSP2 caused Segmentation fault if run inside MonoDevelop
- 330419 Exception reading the recent file list
- 330503 No complete for implicit operators
- 330505 NullRef Exception in svn log tab
- 330641 Exeption Exception when exuberant ctags is missing in C projects
- 330793 Delegate autocommenting crashes
- 331000 Auto-generation of XML comment tags sometimes incorrect
- 331001 Compile ASP.NET projects does not copy Reference dlls
- 331657 Standard header settings are not saved
- 331772 Unable to handle conditional class definition
- 331787 Quick Class navigator does not display nested types
- 331944 MD does not keep selected line when file is re-loaded
- 332519 NodeView no longer visible
- 333112 MonoDevelop uses panel attributes to draw fonts in Preferences
- 333140 Xml comment generation only works when using ““Smart”” indentation
- 333419 Output dir in ASP.NET project don’t work
- 334150 monodevelop GUI design gets SIGSEGV
- 334236 Intellisense does not work for `is’ keyword
- 334898 New C# file -> Gtk# Window needs to be removed
- 335114 Registering new version control repository without a name
- 335133 Intellisense does not display object members for interfaces
- 335145 Intellisense displays wrong entries for typeof statement
- 335270 Quick Class navigator ignores newly created types
- 335326 Gettext addin breaks zh_CN.po
- 335335 Gettext addin: updating the translations of MD takes forever
- 335500 CBinding build process assumes that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set
- 335575 Projects in a Solution are not sorted in Reference dialog
- 335824 Better handling of the ‘tab’ key
- 336107 Wrong commandline parameter for keyfile passed to mcs
- 336155 Abnormal behavior of VersionControl addin
- 336363 [CBinding, possibly all MD] MD hangs when a compile output is long
The following people contributed in this release:
Lluis Sanchez, Michael Hutchinson, Ankit Jain, Wade Berrier, Mike Krüger, Ben Motmans, Marcos David Marín Amador, Zach Lute.
This is the list of all project contributors:
Alberto Paro, Alejandro Serrano, Alexandre Gomes, Alex Graveley, Andrés G. Aragoneses, Andre Filipe de Assuncao e Brito, Antonio Ognio, Ankit Jain, Ben Maurer, Ben Motmans, Christian Hergert, Daniel Kornhauser, Daniel Morgan, David Makovský, Eric Butler, Erik Dasque, Franciso Martinez, Gustavo Giráldez, Iain McCoy, Inigo Illan, Jacob Ilsø Christensen, James Fitzsimons, Jeff Stedfast, Jérémie Laval, Jeroen Zwartepoorte, John BouAnton, John Luke, Joshua Tauberer, Jonathan Hernández Velasco, Levi Bard, Lluis Sanchez Gual, Marcos David Marín Amador, Martin Willemoes Hansen, Marek Sieradzki, Matej Urbas, Maurício de Lemos Rodrigues Collares Neto, Michael Hutchinson, Miguel de Icaza, Mike Krüger, Muthiah Annamalai, Nick Drochak, nricciar, Paco Martínez, Pawel Rozanski, Pedro Abelleira Seco, Peter Johanson, Philip Turnbull, Richard Torkar, Scott Ellington, Todd Berman, Vincent Daron, Wade Berrier, Yan-ren Tsai and Zach Lute.
This list is not complete, it is missing some contributions sent in to the list and via our bugzilla. Your work is still greatly appreciated. If your name was left off the list, it was not intentional, please send an email to the list and it will be corrected as soon as possible.
- ca - Jonathan Hernández Velasco, Jordi Mas i Hernández
- cs - David Makovský
- da - Martin Willemoes Hansen, Jacob Ilsø Christensen
- de - Gustav Schauwecker, Martin Dederer
- es - Antonio Ognio, Alejandro Serrano, Andrés G. Aragoneses
- fr - Vincent Daron, Nicolas Favre-Félix
- gl - Ignacio Casal Quinteiro
- it - Alberto Paro, Milo Casagrande
- ja_JP - Atsushi Eno
- pl - Marek Sieradzki
- pt_BR - Mauricio de Lemos Rodrigues Collares Neto, Andre Filipe de Assuncao e Brito, Rafael Teixeira
- pt - Vitor Hugo Barros
- ru - Maxim Krentovskiy, Semyon Soldatov, Daniel Abramov
- sl_SI - Matej Urbas
- sv - Daniel Nylander
- zh_CN - Yu Lindong, Funda Wang
- zh_TW - Yan-ren Tsai
All of our wonderful testers who put up with the insane dependencies, the constant breakage and still managed to post nice bug reports.
Mike Krueger and the rest of the AlphaSierraPapa team for giving us a great codebase to start from, and continuing improvements.
All of the active MonoDevelop developers.