Release Notes for MonoDevelop 2.6 RC1
MonoDevelop 2.6 Release Candidate 1 (2.5.93) has been released. MonoDevelop is an IDE primarily designed for C# and other .NET languages.
This is the fourth release of a series of releases that will lead to MonoDevelop 2.6. You will find a more detailed description of what’s new in the What’s new in MonoDevelop 2.6 page.
- Added Feedback button to allow quickly sending comments to the MonoDevelop team.
- Fixed ocasional long wait when starting MonoDevelop on Windows
- Fixed issues raised by Mac OSX Lion.
- Fixed crash in code behind code generation when building using mdtool.
- Fixed: find in Files command doesn’t skips xml files.
- Fixed: new files are not being added to Git on Git controlled projects
- Fixed auto indent bug where policy settings weren’t respected
- Added workaround for global menus in Unity GNOME shell.
- Improved support for MonoTouch and Mono for Android
Packages for several operating systems and platforms, as well as source code tarballs and build instructions are available in the MonoDevelop Download page.
This release of MonoDevelop needs at least Mono 2.8 and Gtk# 2.12.8 to run.
WARNING: This release does not work with Mono 2.10. If you have this Mono version, please update to Mono 2.10.1.
Contributors to this Release
- Lluis Sanchez (project management, workbench, debugger, Git add-in)
- Michael Hutchinson (ASP.NET, XML, T4, Mac port, MonoTouch, MonoMac, MonoDroid)
- Mike Krueger (text editor, refactoring, hex editor)
- Levi Bard (C/C++ add-in, Vala)
- Geoff Norton (MonoTouch)
- Carlos Alberto Cortez (MonoDroid)
- IBBoard (git blame and diff improvements)
- David Siegel (MonoMac budle creator command)
- Robert Hollencamp (gdb fixes)
- Steven Schermerhorn (Jump lists)
- Andrew Jorgensen (QA & packaging)
- David Mulder (QA)
- Marc Christensen (QA)
Aaron Bockover, Alberto Paro, Alejandro Serrano, Alexandre Gomes, Alex Graveley, Andrés G. Aragoneses, Andre Filipe de Assuncao e Brito, Andrew Jorgensen, Antonio Ognio, Ankit Jain, Ben Maurer, Ben Motmans, Carlo Kok, Christian Hergert, Daniel Kornhauser, Daniel Morgan, David Makovský, Eric Butler, Erik Dasque, Franciso Martinez, Geoff Norton, Gustavo Giráldez, Iain McCoy, Inigo Illan, Jacob Ilsø Christensen, James Fitzsimons, Jeff Stedfast, Jérémie Laval, Jeroen Zwartepoorte, John BouAnton, John Luke, Joshua Tauberer, Jonathan Hernández Velasco, Jonathan Pobst, Levi Bard, Lluis Sanchez Gual, Luciano N. Callero, Marc Christensen, Marcos David Marín Amador, Martin Willemoes Hansen, Marek Sieradzki, Matej Urbas, Maurício de Lemos Rodrigues Collares Neto, Michael Hutchinson, Miguel de Icaza, Mike Krüger, Muthiah Annamalai, Nick Drochak, Nikhil Sarda, nricciar, Paco Martínez, Pawel Rozanski, Pedro Abelleira Seco, Peter Johanson, Philip Turnbull, Richard Torkar, Rolf Bjarne Kvinge, Rusty Howell, Sanjoy Das, Scott Ellington, Thomas Wiest, Todd Berman, Viktoria Dudka, Vincent Daron, Vinicius Depizzol, Wade Berrier, Yan-ren Tsai and Zach Lute.
This list may not be complete, some contributors who sent patches by email or via our bugzilla may be missing. Your work is still greatly appreciated. If your name was left off the list, it was not intentional, please send an email to the MonoDevelop mailing list and it will be corrected as soon as possible.