Release Notes for MonoDevelop 188.8.131.52
The MonoDevelop team is proud to announce the release of MonoDevelop 2.6.
MonoDevelop is an IDE primarily designed for C# and other .NET languages. MonoDevelop enables developers to quickly write desktop and ASP.NET Web applications on Linux, Windows and Mac OSX. MonoDevelop makes it easy for developers to port .NET applications created with Visual Studio to Linux and Mac OSX and to maintain a single code base for all platforms.
New Features and Improvements
This release contains lots of new features and improvements. Here is a summary of the new features. You will find a more detailed description of what’s new in the What’s new in MonoDevelop 2.6 page.
- Version Control
- Support for GIT
- Improved version control views
- New conflict resolution window
- Project Model
- User defined policies
- Improved support for xbuild/MSBuild
- Support for .NET 4.0
- New Add Folder to Project command
- Source Editing
- MCS based parser and formatting engine
- New C# formatting options dialog
- New path bar
- VI mode improvements
- DocFood add-in
- Improved XML editing experience
- IL disassembly view
- Catchpoints and conditional breakpoints in the Win32 debugger
- Improved support for debugging anonymous methods and iterators
- New Stop Evaluation command
- Improved T4 Templating Engine
- Mac OSX
- Native file dialogs
- C / C++
- Improved symbol navigation and completion using ctags.
- Limited navigation and completion support for the default OSX ctags
- Rudimentary project support for Objective C has been added.
- Add-in management
- New add-in manager window
Please see What’s new in MonoDevelop 2.6 for more details.
Changes in 184.108.40.206
- Fixed documentation browser in MonoDevelop for Mac OSX
Packages for several distros and platforms, as well as source code tarballs and build instructions are available in the MonoDevelop Download page.
This release of MonoDevelop needs at least Mono 2.10.4 and Gtk# 2.12.8 to run.
Contributors to this Release
- Lluis Sanchez (project management, workbench, debugger, Git add-in)
- Michael Hutchinson (ASP.NET, XML, T4, Mac port, MonoTouch, MonoMac, MonoDroid)
- Mike Krueger (text editor, refactoring, hex editor)
- Levi Bard (C/C++ add-in, Vala)
- Geoff Norton (MonoTouch)
- Carlos Alberto Cortez, Andreia Gaita (MonoDroid)
- IBBoard (git blame and diff improvements)
- David Siegel (MonoMac budle creator command)
- Robert Hollencamp (gdb fixes)
- Steven Schermerhorn (Jump lists)
- Alex Corrado, Andrew Jorgensen (QA & packaging)
- David Mulder (QA)
- Marc Christensen (QA)
Aaron Bockover, Alberto Paro, Alejandro Serrano, Alex Corrado, Alexandre Gomes, Alex Graveley, Andreia Gaita, Andrés G. Aragoneses, Andre Filipe de Assuncao e Brito, Andrew Jorgensen, Antonio Ognio, Ankit Jain, Ben Maurer, Ben Motmans, Carlo Kok, Christian Hergert, Daniel Kornhauser, Daniel Morgan, David Makovský, Eric Butler, Erik Dasque, Franciso Martinez, Geoff Norton, Gustavo Giráldez, Iain McCoy, Inigo Illan, Jacob Ilsø Christensen, James Fitzsimons, Jeff Stedfast, Jérémie Laval, Jeroen Zwartepoorte, John BouAnton, John Luke, Joshua Tauberer, Jonathan Hernández Velasco, Jonathan Pobst, Levi Bard, Lluis Sanchez Gual, Luciano N. Callero, Marc Christensen, Marcos David Marín Amador, Martin Willemoes Hansen, Marek Sieradzki, Matej Urbas, Maurício de Lemos Rodrigues Collares Neto, Michael Hutchinson, Miguel de Icaza, Mike Krüger, Muthiah Annamalai, Nick Drochak, Nikhil Sarda, nricciar, Paco Martínez, Pawel Rozanski, Pedro Abelleira Seco, Peter Johanson, Philip Turnbull, Richard Torkar, Rolf Bjarne Kvinge, Rusty Howell, Sanjoy Das, Scott Ellington, Thomas Wiest, Todd Berman, Viktoria Dudka, Vincent Daron, Vinicius Depizzol, Wade Berrier, Yan-ren Tsai and Zach Lute.
This list may not be complete, some contributors who sent patches by email or via our bugzilla may be missing. Your work is still greatly appreciated. If your name was left off the list, it was not intentional, please send an email to the MonoDevelop mailing list and it will be corrected as soon as possible.