Release Notes for MonoDevelop 2.8.6
MonoDevelop 2.8.6 has been released.
Changes since the last release
This release includes the following fixes and improvements:
- Crash Reporting
We now have a crash reporter that users can opt-into so we can better diagnose problems in MonoDevelop and fix those without requiring users to file bug reports.
- Improved Debugging
- Support inspecting captured local variables from CSC compiled code
- Support inspecting iterators from CSC compiled code
- Support debugging locals in MCS generated iterators
- Prevent exception when removing breakpoints (#1821)
- Fixes local variable references in some cases (updated to infer data from new compiler releases)
- Fixes updated breakpoints to make sure file names matched (#943)
- Never draws tooltips behind the dock or offscreen (#84)
- Immediate Window’s Clear option moved to the context menu (#1259)
- Preserve breakpoint properties when a file changes (#2486)
- Fixed object inspector (#449)
- Fixed location of pinned watches (#2507)
- Fixes debugging a single item (#2648)
- Xcode Integration
- Only activate Xcode if it is not running, fixes a deadlock
- Reduce the number of times we sync out the project with Xcode.
- Updated MonoMac to the latest release
- MonoMac launcher fix, no longer requires messing with launch scripts (#2727)
- Accessories on file dialogs on Mac were not positioned properly (#1206)
- Native exception handler dialogs
- Passwords for VCS (Subversion/Git) now stored on Apple’s KeyChain on OSX.
- No longer treats Link attributes in Project files as paths (#146)
- Vi mode
- Fix Jump to Line option
- Fix use of the libc realpath API
- Empty XML file templates now have XML declarations
- Fix many usability problems with Find in Files Dialog.
- Fixes context-menu placement on systems with multiple monitors
- Namespaces properly rendered in menus (#2335)
- Fixes TextFileProvider to use the right encoding (#1896)
- Now assemblies are opened in the assembly browser
- Fixed default framework for VS2008 projects (#826)
- New default file format is VS2010
- Fixes rendering of filenames with ampersands in the treepad (#420)
- Fixes renaming of files for Subversion (#2547)
- Fixed renaming of directories with Git
- Mono for Android
- Fix the hints for the plist image chooser
- Fixes rebuilding of projects, our timestamp checking for libraries was wrong (#1502)
- We generate a ReleaseOutlets method as a convenience method for developers that they can call from ViewDidUnload
- SQL Support
- Fixed UPDATE and SELECT calls to use the per-provider quotation rules
Packages for several distros and platforms, as well as source code tarballs and build instructions are available in the MonoDevelop Download page.
This release of MonoDevelop needs at least Mono 2.10 and Gtk# 2.12.8 to run.