Release Notes for MonoDevelop 2.4 Beta 1
MonoDevelop 2.4 Beta 1 (2.3) has been released. MonoDevelop is a GNOME IDE primarily designed for C# and other .NET languages.
This is the first release of a series of releases that will lead to MonoDevelop 2.4, hopefully around the end of May. This release contains lots of new features and improvements. Read below.
New Features and Improvements
This release contains lots of new features and improvements. Here is a summary of the new features. You will find a more detailed description of what’s new in the What’s new in MonoDevelop 2.4 page.
- Workbench Usability
- Improved look
- Improved pad organization
- Improved Error Workflow with In-line Error Bubbles
- New Project/File dialogs
- New Navigate To dialog
- Solution and Class pad Zooming
- New Options for selecting the user interface language, output pad font and GTK+ theme.
- Project Model
- Standalone Assembly Projects
- External Console Support for Mac and Windows
- Support for adding files to solution folders
- Proper MSBuild file links in projects
- Source Editing
- Improved in-line search
- Group Mode in Code Completion
- Symbol Usage Highlighting
- Editing Support in Block Selection Mode
- Import Type Command
- Move Lines Up/Down
- Code Focus Toggle and Follow-cursor
- Quick Fix Command
- Scrollable Region Tooltips
- Improved Filtering in Completion List
- Pinned Quick Watches
- Debug Value Visualizers
- Improved expression evaluation
- New Exception Dialog
- New Hex Editor
- Integrated T4 Templating
- More Code Metrics
- Code completion for C# regions
- Web References
- Support for WCF Web References
- Support for references that require authentication
- Improvements in other add-ins:
- Mac OS support
Please see What’s new in MonoDevelop 2.4 for more details.
Packages for several distros and platforms, as well as source code tarballs and build instructions are available in the MonoDevelop Download page.
This release of MonoDevelop needs at least Mono 2.6.1 and Gtk# 2.12.8 to run.
Contributors to this Release
- Lluis Sanchez (project management, workbench, debugger, Windows port, web references, NUnit)
- Michael Hutchinson (ASP.NET, T4, Mac port, MonoTouch)
- Mike Krueger (text editor, error bubbles, refactoring, hex editor)
- Levi Bard (C/C++ add-in, vi mode, Vala)
- Geoff Norton (MonoTouch)
- Nikhil Sarda (code metrics)
- Luciano N. Callero (database add-in)
- Sanjoy Das (vi marks)
- Carlo Kok
- Alan McGovern (The really annoying guy who complains when something breaks)
- Jonathan Pobst (Windows setup)
- Andrew Jorgensen (QA & packaging)
Aaron Bockover, Alberto Paro, Alejandro Serrano, Alexandre Gomes, Alex Graveley, Andrés G. Aragoneses, Andre Filipe de Assuncao e Brito, Andrew Jorgensen, Antonio Ognio, Ankit Jain, Ben Maurer, Ben Motmans, Carlo Kok, Christian Hergert, Daniel Kornhauser, Daniel Morgan, David Makovský, Eric Butler, Erik Dasque, Franciso Martinez, Geoff Norton, Gustavo Giráldez, Iain McCoy, Inigo Illan, Jacob Ilsø Christensen, James Fitzsimons, Jeff Stedfast, Jérémie Laval, Jeroen Zwartepoorte, John BouAnton, John Luke, Joshua Tauberer, Jonathan Hernández Velasco, Jonathan Pobst, Levi Bard, Lluis Sanchez Gual, Luciano N. Callero, Marc Christensen, Marcos David Marín Amador, Martin Willemoes Hansen, Marek Sieradzki, Matej Urbas, Maurício de Lemos Rodrigues Collares Neto, Michael Hutchinson, Miguel de Icaza, Mike Krüger, Muthiah Annamalai, Nick Drochak, Nikhil Sarda, nricciar, Paco Martínez, Pawel Rozanski, Pedro Abelleira Seco, Peter Johanson, Philip Turnbull, Richard Torkar, Rolf Bjarne Kvinge, Rusty Howell, Sanjoy Das, Scott Ellington, Thomas Wiest, Todd Berman, Viktoria Dudka, Vincent Daron, Vinicius Depizzol, Wade Berrier, Yan-ren Tsai and Zach Lute.
This list may not be complete, some contributors who sent patches by email or via our bugzilla may be missing. Your work is still greatly appreciated. If your name was left off the list, it was not intentional, please send an email to the MonoDevelop mailing list and it will be corrected as soon as possible.